Saturday, August 20, 2005

 

Ahh...I love being a ranger...

Today was one of those days I live for, the one of the reasons I became a park ranger.

Over the course of about a month, we have been receiving notices (and I have seen with my own eyes) about illegal dumping in the park, who in the holy hell would dump bags and bags of trash in a park. It just totally disgusts me to think about it.

About a week ago, I drove up to this black trash bag that had a racoon digging in it. If that isn't bad enough, what is totally disgusting is the TYPE of trash that was being discarded, it was some kind of rotten meat, some nasty mess, I cant even begin to describe it, the smell was horrid.

Anyhow, it was pretty late in the evening, and one of my fellow rangers radioed me about this van driving through the park which looked very suspicious to say the least. I hopped in my truck and headed over there. Incredibly enough by the time I got there, the van was pulled over on the grass, and the driver was gone. My two buddies waited along side me for a few minutes til the driver came back..nothing in hand...we already knew what we was doing, just by the stench coming off of him.

I walked back the way he came and saw the bags of trash, and that damned horrid smell. We immediately called the park police, who in turn searched the van and found more bags of trash.

Yep Yep!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
simple hit counter